Latinitas is currently accepting cover letters and resumes to fill the position of Interim Executive Director for the El Paso, Texas Region.
Job Purpose and Description
The purpose of this project is as follows:
The Interim E.D. will report to the Board of Director and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Latinitas’ volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Latinitas El Paso will be transitioning into a Chapter organization model in 2017. The Interim E.D. will work alongside the Board of Directors, both Austin and El Paso-based, and the Chief Executive Officer to establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the El Paso Chapter. The Interim E. D. will leverage networks to increase fundraising and awareness, establish and foster existing partnerships. Work with Latinitas Development Director to increase funding for the El Paso region.
The Interim ED will be thoroughly committed to Latinitas’ mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA or MPA with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
The position will be on a contract basis.
The position has been posted since January 16, 2017. This request for resumes represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until Feb 28, 2017.
Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the Interim E.D. for this request. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by Latinitas’ legal department and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Latinitas will evaluate all submissions based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposal, your proposal should be complete and include all of the following:
- Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner
- Organizational Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to client testimonials and references
- Technical expertise and experience: Bidders must provide descriptions and documentation of staff technical expertise and experience
Latinitas, an Austin-based nonprofit organization, is dedicated to empowering Latina youth using media and technology, providing direct digital media and technology training and esteem-boosting services to nearly 3,000 girls and teens across Texas annually, 2000 in Central and 1000 more in West Texas. Latinitas envisions a future in which all Latinas are strong and confident in their image. Girls and families in Latinitas learn the latest Web 2.0 platforms to design websites, do graphic design, produce video, record audio, blog, do photography, invent social media campaigns, develop video games and mobile apps, learn coding and robotics ensuring new and diverse voices in media and technology. Latinitas also produces the first and still only magazine of its kind, Latinitasmagazine.org (25K monthly viewers) and its own social media network: MyLatinitas.com (1400 registered girls). The publications serve as an opportunity to not only address STEM skills in web development, design and digital media production, but also to publish stories and images of Latina girls and women succeeding in media and technology fields, non-traditional jobs and other ventures, capitalizing on media’s power to influence behaviors, reveal role models and validate youth of color, their culture and identity.
Latinitas enables young Latinas to achieve personal and academic success through media and technology outreach thereby addressing the critical state of Latina girls today. While Latina girls ages 12 to 17 are the largest group of minority girls in the country, they are more likely than their non-Hispanic peers to face the four most serious threats to achieving success: depression, pregnancy, substance abuse and becoming a high school drop-out. The solution lies in empowering these young Latinas, strengthening their confidence and expanding their opportunities.
- Provide a creative outlet for girls to express themselves, learn about their culture and discover their voice.
- Help girls stay in school and be prepared for higher education.
- Foster the career exploration and S.T.E.M. exposure of girls to be prepared to enter the workforce of the 21st century.
- Connect girls with positive role models and mentors.
- Strengthen girls’ confidence, self-esteem and cultural identity.
- Connect girls with media and technology tools and access.
- Promote leadership development, goal setting, social justice advocacy & community service among girls.
Latinitas is celebrating its 15th year of programming. Latinitas has been in El Paso since 2007.