Current Events & News
LATINITAS IS DEDICATED TO EMPOWERING YOUNG LATINAS
March 11th: International Women’s Day Mother-Daughter workshop at St. Paul’s Methodist Church
Mother & Daughter workshops offer an opportunity for moms and daughters to bond over fun confidence-building activities and creative expression.
Cinema Chica: Ongoing and time/locations will vary.Latinitas is inviting teens 12 to 17 to participate in a new documentary project which highlights the Latino Culture in el Paso Texas. Teens will get to meet professionals in film and will put together a documentary conducting interviews and editing the material. They will have the opportunity to show the city of El Paso through their own eyes.
Upcoming Workshop: March 25th, 10AM-2PM at the UTEP Library
Healthy Chica: April 22nd at El Paso First Health Plans
Girls will learn about health, wellness, self-esteem, nutrition, fitness and making healthy choices. Girls will also complete an exercise circuit sampling zumba, dance, and yoga. Attendees will be given the opportunity to create original content to implement a health public awareness campaign. Girls and teens at Latinitas’ Healthy Chica Conference will also be visited by nutritionists, doctors, health experts and social workers who will share their career experiences during lunch. Join us for a full day of creating media and empowering the Latina youth.
Reserve your spot online: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/healthy-chica-conference-tickets-32326895615
Dia de los Niños/Dia de los libros April 29 at Washington Park and Esperanza Acosta Library
Celebrate Dia de los Niños with us! Stop by our table and participate in one of our activities.
- Clubs: Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Multimedia Arts Summer Camps: Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet this Summer to get a taste of what their life could be like as a multimedia maker. During our multimedia arts classes girls will meet local media makers and create their own art, creative writing, photography and short videos.For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email email@example.com.
- Workshops: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 915.219.8554.
Get Involved & Make a Difference
- Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Complete our volunteer application.
- Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 8,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.
Latinitas El Paso
10921 Pellicano #120
El Paso, TX 79935