Current Events & News
LATINITAS UPCOMING EVENTS
CHICA POWER ACADEMY: Latinitas is recruiting girls in grades 5-8th for our Chica Power workshop series. Girls will meet on a monthly basis to hear inspirational guest speakers, participate in hands-on workshops, meet role models, build confidence, express themselves creatively and discuss girl power topics. The program will encourage girls to grow strong, healthy and confident as they develop leadership skills, connect with female role models, learn ways to overcome peer pressure, boost their self-esteem, learn about the importance of education and explore career options. For more information, contact us at 915.219.8554 and email@example.com. To register, click here.
- SPRING 2016:
- Healthy Chica – January 30 from 10am-3pm at El Paso First Health Plans, 1145 Westmoreland;
- College Chica – February 13 from 10am-2pm at UTEP Miner Village (2401 N. Oregon)
- International Women’s Day – March;
- Chica Power Fest – April. REGISTER NOW
LATINAS IN PROGRESS
January 23 from 10-2pm
Main Public Library – 501 N. Oregon
The Latinitas team is proud to partner with the Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas for the Latinas in Progress college readiness program. This HWNT educational program assists Latinas in attaining higher education. This program includes college preparation and leadership workshops as well as service and cultural opportunities. This program also offers college scholarship opportunities to members. To join, complete the application here: http://hwntelpaso.blogspot.com/p/latinas-in-progress.html
- Multimedia Arts Camp:(July) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper. Camps are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm at 7000 Edgemere. For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clubs: Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Workshops: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at email@example.com or call 915.219.8554.
Get Involved & Make a Difference
- Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Complete our volunteer application.
- Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.