Workshops & Special Events:
- LATINITAS EL PASO CAMPS
This Summer, local girls have an opportunity to get a taste of what their life could be like as a movie star, a news anchor, a photographer, a radio dj, a magazine writer, a poet, a graphic designer and more in Latinitas multimedia art camps. Through intense week-long day camp program, girls can find their creative expression outlet by producing original media arts projects.The Latinitas camp is led by a team of women educators, role models and mentors experienced in guiding girls in hands-on lessons, interactive presentations, team challenges, and fun games that address girl issues and encourage self-esteem, expression, confidence and empowerment. Girls will produce original multimedia arts projects and master techniques in photography, writing, design, radio production and filmmaking.
FASHIONISTA CAMP – July 7-10 from 10am-5pm at 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
HOLLYWOOD CAMP – July 14-17 from 10:00am-5pm at 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
MULTIMEDIA ARTS CAMP – July 21-24 from 10am-5pm at 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
BE YOUNIQUE – WELLNESS & SPA CAMP – July 28-31 from 10am-5pm at 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
- TEEN MEDIA ACADEMY
July 1-3 from 1-5pm at 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
This media academy for teen girls will feature intensive instruction from regional multimedia producers and hands-on multimedia training. Teens will have an opportunity to meet a magazine editor, newspaper reporter, photojournalist, radio DJ, blogger, web designer, graphic artist and TV news anchor. During the summer camp, teen will complete an article, photo essay, graphic design, audio podcast, a video broadcast and more. This camp is $25.
- Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. These sessions focus on helping girls build confidence through creative expression with themes such as self-esteem, media awareness, leadership, goal setting, leadership, college prep, healthy relationships, wellness and more
- LATINITAS EL PASO CAMPS
Club Latinitas After-School Program:
- Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held during the school year at various schools, libraries and community centers. Latinitas also teams up with the housing authority of the City of El Paso and local public schools to host clubs on site. Contact us to set up a club at your school: email@example.com
- Teen Media Academy: (July 2014) Teen girls are invited to the Latinitas media production camp. Teens will act like magazine interns, gain hands-on media experience, interview media professionals and take media trips to local stations.
- Multimedia Arts Camp: (July 2014) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper.
GET INVOLVED & MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- VOLUNTEER: Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Become a volunteer.
- DONATE: Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- ATTEND: Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- SUPPORT US: Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
• Discover how to enroll in our girl empowerment programs.
• Find out how you can get involved as a volunteer.
• Attend one of our upcoming events.
• Support us by donating, hosting a benefit or attending a fundraiser.
• Stay posted on the latest news from Latinitas.
Latinitas El Paso
10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
El Paso, TX 79935
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.