Current Events & News
WISE LATINA SUMMIT YOUTH TRACK
June 12 from 11am-4pm
El Paso Public Library
Latinitas will partner with Wise Latina International to host a youth track as part of the Wise Latina 2015 Summer Summit “Tapestry of Evolution: Strength, Power & Influence in Media” in El Paso. The summit will take place June 12-13th in Downtown El Paso- the largest bilingual, binational borderplex, in hopes to raise awareness about the specific issues that affect women of color within our community, culture and country. The Summit will promote excellence and innovation by encouraging women to find their passion and unleash their creativity without fear. During this workshop, girls ages 10-17 will hear inspirational presentations from women leaders, view informative documentaries on issues facing youth, participate in service projects, get helpful advice for their future success and engage in hands-on workshops focused on self-expression through photography, film, creative writing and art. For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email email@example.com.
- Multimedia Arts Camp:(July 6- August 7, 2015) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper. Camps are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm at 7000 Edgemere. For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. RESERVE YOUR CAMP SPOT NOW.
- Clubs: Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Workshops: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at email@example.com or call 915.219.8554.
Get Involved & Make a Difference
- Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Complete our volunteer application.
- Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.