Current Events & News
International Women’s Day – MARCH 7 from 10am-2pm – 7000 Edgemere
Girls and moms are invited to celebrate International Women’s Day with activities promoting girl power, confidence and self-expression. The event features a film screening of short films about strong women leaders, a celebration of women in history as well as hands-on art, poetry and musical activities. The workshop is presented by the American Association of University Women and Latinitas. For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email email@example.com. SIGN UP NOW.
- Conferences: Latinitas is hosting a series of girl empowerment events to help girls in grades 4-8th grades to build confidence throughout the school year. Girls will hear inspirational guest speakers, participate in hands-on workshops, meet role models, build confidence, express themselves creatively and discuss girl power topics. The program will encourage girls to grow strong, healthy and confident as they develop leadership skills, connect with female role models, learn ways to overcome peer pressure, boost their self-esteem, learn about the importance of education and explore career options.
- International Women’s Day (Mar.7 from 10am-2pm) 7000 Edgemere Blvd.
- Chica Power Fest (Apr. 18 @ UTEP)
- Multimedia Arts Camp:(July 2015) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper.
- Clubs: Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Workshops: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 915.219.8554.
Get Involved & Make a Difference
- Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Complete our volunteer application.
- Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.