- MOTHER & DAUGHTER WORKSHOPS (EL PASO, TX) Latinitas Mother & Daughter workshops offer an opportunity for moms and daughters to bond over fun confidence-building activities and creative expression. Check back for our 2014 schedule of events. To register, call 915.219.8554, email email@example.com or register online at: http://laslatinitas.com/programs/registration
- Monthly Saturday Camp: A free workshop is hosted the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Judge Marquez Library (610 N. Yabrough, El Paso TX) from 12:30-2:30pm (6/8, 7/13, 8/10)
Workshops & Special Events:
- AIM HIGH CONFERENCE (EL PASO, TX) The Aim High Conference is geared toward encouraging pre-teen and teen girls to aim high by setting high goals for themselves, achieving in academic realms and exploring professional opportunities for their future success. Pre-teen girls are invited to explore their future careers at the Aim High Conference hosted by Latinitas in partnership with the American Association of University Women. The event will take place at the Main Public Library (501 N. Oregon) on Saturday, December 7th from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The Aim High conference is created especially for pre-teen and teen girls with unique hands-on workshops, activities and inspiring guest speakers. Workshops are led by professional women who are excited about sharing their careers with participants. To register, call 915.219.8554, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at: http://laslatinitas.com/programs/registration
- TEEN LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE: Discover your leadership talents through our semester-long leadership institute. The Teen Leadership Institute is currently accepting applications from high school girls in grades 9-12 interested in developing their leadership potential. A select group of teen girls will be chosen to participate in our leadership program to learn how they can become a strong voice for their community. The program features bi-weekly workshops to help teens learn about civic engagement, develop leadership techniques, explore social justice topics, connect with community leaders, attend field trips and organize volunteer projects. The membership fee for the semester-long program is $20. The institute will kick-off with a conference on January 25th at the Jose Cisneros Public Library from 10:00am to 4:00pm followed by bi-weekly workshops. The deadline to apply is January 18th. The leadership institute is organized by Latinitas, a nonprofit dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of Latina youth. For more information, contact email@example.com or call 915.219.8554 APPLY NOW http://laslatinitas.com/teen-leadership-institute
- Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. These sessions focus on helping girls build confidence through creative expression with themes such as self-esteem, media awareness, leadership, goal setting, leadership, college prep, healthy relationships, wellness and more. Latinitas hosts special events and field trips throughout the year focused on confidence-building and self-expression such as the Girl Power Fest, Aim High Conference and Latinitas College Bound University Field Trip.
Club Latinitas After-School Program:
- Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held during the school year at various schools, libraries and community centers. Free after-school programs are open to the public every Friday at the Esperanza & Irving Public Library. Latinitas also teams up with the housing authority of the City of El Paso and local public schools to host clubs on site.
- Teen Media Academy: Teen girls are invited to the Latinitas media production camp. Teens will act like magazine interns, gain hands-on media experience, interview media professionals and take media trips to local stations.
- Multimedia Arts Camp: Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper.
GET INVOLVED & MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- VOLUNTEER: Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Become a volunteer.
- DONATE: Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- SUPPORT US: Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
• Discover how to enroll in our girl empowerment programs.
• Find out how you can get involved as a volunteer.
• Attend one of our upcoming events.
• Support us by donating, hosting a benefit or attending a fundraiser.
• Stay posted on the latest news from Latinitas.
Latinitas El Paso
10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
El Paso, TX 79935
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.