Current Events & News
LATINITAS UPCOMING EVENTS
MULTIMEDIA ARTS SUMMER CLASSES:(July 11-28) This Summer, local girls have an opportunity to get a taste of what their life could be like as a multimedia maker. Girls ages 9-14 can become a movie star, a news anchor, a photographer, a radio dj, a magazine writer, a poet, a graphic designer and more in Latinitas multimedia art classes. Through intense summer classes, girls can find their creative expression outlet by producing original media arts projects.. Camps are Monday through Thursday (Morning Classes: 8:30am-12:30pm; or Afternoon Classes: 1:30-5:30pm) at 7000 Edgemere. For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete our program application to learn more.
TEEN MEDIA ACADEMY (June 20-30): Local teens are invited to discover how they can change the world through multimedia arts & technology. Girls will engage in video making, blogging, photography, pod-casting, and other activities to get their media message out to the world. Aside from these fun activities, participants will take field trips to local media stations and professional women in various media industries will be presenting a career panel to empower teens. REGISTER NOW
The Teen Media academy take places Monday through Thursday from 12-5pm at 10921 Pellicano #120:
WEEK 1 – June 20-June 23 & WEEK 2 – June 27-June 30
Each academy costs $25 per week (early bird rate) and $30 late registration. Discounts are available for registering for 2 weeks $40 for both weeks. Contact us at: email@example.com or 915.282.5639 REGISTER NOW
LATINAS IN PROGRESS
The Latinitas team is proud to partner with the Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas for the Latinas in Progress college readiness program. This HWNT educational program assists Latinas in attaining higher education. This program includes college preparation and leadership workshops as well as service and cultural opportunities. This program also offers college scholarship opportunities to members. We are accepting applications for the next program taking place September 2016-May 2017 with monthly Saturday workshops. To join, complete the application here: http://hwntelpaso.blogspot.com/p/latinas-in-progress.html
- Multimedia Arts Classes:(July 11-28) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet this Summer to get a taste of what their life could be like as a multimedia maker. During our multimedia arts classes girls will meet local media makers and create their own art, creative writing, photography and short videos.For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clubs: Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Workshops: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at email@example.com or call 915.219.8554.
Get Involved & Make a Difference
- Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Complete our volunteer application.
- Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.
Latinitas El Paso
10921 Pellicano #120
El Paso, TX 79935