- GIRL POWER FEST – April 12: Latinitas is hosting a day of girl empowerment for local girls 11 to 18 years old in partnership with the Women in Business Association. This event encourages girls to build confidence, discover their voice, express themselves, promote healthy lifestyles and make wise decisions. Inspiring guest speakers will help girls learn about issues girls face and discover real solutions on how to overcome these challenges. The event will feature informative and inspirational workshops, guest speakers, panelists, booth fair and multimedia presentations led by local female leaders on topics such as body image, confidence, peer pressure, media literacy, leadership, healthy relationships, cultural identity and bullying. The event will also showcase a fashion show, live music, entertainment and games. Tickets are $5 in advance or $10 at the door. GET YOUR TICKET NOW
- Saturday Camps: A free workshop is hosted the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Judge Marquez Library (610 N. Yabrough, El Paso TX) from 12:30-2:30pm
- To register, call 915.219.8554, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at: http://laslatinitas.com/programs/registration
- Multimedia Arts Camp:(July 2014) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper. SIGN UP NOW
- Teen Media Academy: (July 2014) Teen girls are invited to the Latinitas media production camp. Teens will act like magazine interns, gain hands-on media experience, interview media professionals and take media trips to local stations. SIGN UP NOW
- Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. These sessions focus on helping girls build confidence through creative expression with themes such as self-esteem, media awareness, leadership, goal setting, leadership, college prep, healthy relationships, wellness and more. Latinitas hosts special events and field trips throughout the year focused on confidence-building and multimedia arts expression. Past Events: Cinema Chicas, Latinitas College Bound (Field Trip – UTEP), Women’s History Art Festival, Wonder Woman Film Screening & Girl Power Fest. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at email@example.com or call 915.219.8554.