- AIM HIGH CONFERENCE (EL PASO, TX) The Aim High Conference is geared toward encouraging pre-teen and teen girls to aim high by setting high goals for themselves, achieving in academic realms and exploring professional opportunities for their future success. Pre-teen girls are invited to explore their future careers at the Aim High Conference hosted by Latinitas in partnership with the American Association of University Women. The event will take place at the Main Public Library (501 N. Oregon) on Saturday, December 7th from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The Aim High conference is created especially for pre-teen and teen girls with unique hands-on workshops, activities and inspiring guest speakers. Workshops are led by professional women who are excited about sharing their careers with participants. To register, call 915.219.8554, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at: http://laslatinitas.com/programs/registration
- TEEN LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE: Discover your leadership talents through our semester-long leadership institute. The Teen Leadership Institute is currently accepting applications from high school girls in grades 9-12 interested in developing their leadership potential. A select group of teen girls will be chosen to participate in our leadership program to learn how they can become a strong voice for their community. The program features bi-weekly workshops to help teens learn about civic engagement, develop leadership techniques, explore social justice topics, connect with community leaders, attend field trips and organize volunteer projects. The membership fee for the semester-long program is $20. The institute will kick-off with a conference on January 25th at the Jose Cisneros Public Library from 10:00am to 4:00pm followed by bi-weekly workshops. The deadline to apply is January 18th. The leadership institute is organized by Latinitas, a nonprofit dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of Latina youth. For more information, contact email@example.com or call 915.219.8554 APPLY NOW
- REQUEST A WORKSHOP: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. These sessions focus on helping girls build confidence through creative expression with themes such as self-esteem, media awareness, leadership, goal setting, leadership, college prep, healthy relationships, wellness and more. Latinitas hosts special events and field trips throughout the year focused on confidence-building and multimedia arts expression. Past Events: Cinema Chicas, Latinitas College Bound (Field Trip – UTEP), Women’s History Art Festival & Girl Power Fest. To request a workshop, cotnact latinitas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 915.219.8554.
- MOTHER & DAUGHTER WORKSHOPS (EL PASO, TX) 10935 Ben Crenshaw #207, El Paso, TX from 11:30-1:00pm; Mother & Daughter workshops offer an opportunity for moms and daughters to bond over fun confidence-building activities and creative expression.HEALTHY CHICA SPA & WELLNESS (November 2, 9, 16 & 23): Girls and moms are invited to join us for health & wellness workshops. Relax and rejuvenate with fun activities like yoga and zumba, and discussions on nutrition, confidence, teen development, destress and fitness. Each course series is $25 and covers 4 consecutive classes for a mother/daughter team or $10 per session per team. A limited number of scholarships are available. To register, call 915.219.8554, email email@example.com or register online at: http://laslatinitas.com/programs/registration
- SATURDAY CAMP JUDGE MARQUEZ PUBLIC LIBRARY - Girls (ages 9-12) are invited to participate in our free monthly creative expression workshops at the Judge Marquez Library (610 N. Yabrough, El Paso TX) 2nd Saturday of each month 12:30-2:30pm (6/8, 7/13, 8/10)
- Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Club Latinitas at the Esperanza Public Library (12480 Pebble Hills Blvd) and Irving Schwartz Public Library (1865 Dean Martin Dr.) are accepting new members. The clubs are held every Friday after school.
- Teen Media Academy: Teen girls are invited to the Latinitas media production camp. Teens will act like magazine interns, gain hands-on media experience, interview media professionals and take media trips to local stations.
- Multimedia Arts Camp: Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper.