Our Youth Editorial Advisory Board is an integral part of our Editorial familia. Check out what these talented teen writers have to say about their experience.
- “I think my voice is being heard because of my blog post and my article. I really enjoyed writing blogs and I will continue to do so.” -Carolina, age 15
- “I learned that other girls are thinking a lot of the same things that I am, regarding culture, school, etc. I also learned a lot about the editing and revising process.” – Samantha, age 17
- “I knew I liked to write before. I did not know how to write in the journalistic style though so I learned by being involved with this program. Modifying my tone to fit more of an article feel, helped me learn ways to diversify my writing experience. I really liked the fact that I was more encouraged above all else.” – Adriana, age 17
- “I’ve learned about working with deadlines, time management , and how to write articles for a certain audience. All YEAB girls are super friendly and nice.” -Daisy, age 18
- “I learned a lot about the editing process and also the importance of keeping in mind who your audience is when writing. I believe that YEAB made me a better writer in the sense that I have approached the assignments in creative manners. I was very excited to be part of this program since the beginning and my enthusiasm has remained. I enjoyed interacting with other YEAB members and made Latinitas part of my weekly work schedule.” – Laura, age 18
- “I liked being able to have my articles published, and being able to get feedback for them. So far this has been a great experience.” -Angelica, age 19
- “I learned how to accept critique from other writers, and how to work with other visions for my work, while still getting to put my own spin on my writing. I liked the YEAB online chats the most because I was able to communicate with other YEAB members.” – Marisa, age 19