Christmas music is blasting through the speakers. Colorful wreaths are being hung in every door. Trees are being decorated with ornaments that are probably bigger than your head. Even though the weather is not agreeing with the holiday season, the holidays are the perfect time of year to drink a nice hot cup of hot chocolate as you play Michael Bublé’s album.
Instead of having that plain, old same cup of hot chocolate though, mix up your traditions. Here are three recipes that will make your holidays as warm as the weather. Just be careful not to burn yourself!
White-White Hot Chocolate
- 3 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the white chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of hot water. This will make the hot chocolate to melt. You might have to stir until the chocolate is smooth. When smooth, add the cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Stir the contents. Then whisk in the egg until the contents are smooth again.
- Whisk one cup of milk for around 2 minutes. Then whisk what is left of the milk. Heat the contents until it’s hot. If you see milk skin, you overheated it.
- It will be ready to drink if the taste of the cayenne is hidden by the milk’s temperature or when the hot chocolate as at your preferred temperature.
- Add the hot chocolate to some cute colorful mugs, sprinkle some cinnamon and enjoy!
Chocolate Bar Hot Chocolate
- (1.55 ounce) bar milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- My advice: Choose a Hersey’s Milk Chocolate Bar
- 2/3 cup milk, or more to taste
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Place the chocolate pieces in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the milk and stir until the chocolate is melted and well mixed (which could take around 5 minutes). Add some cinnamon and mix the content again. You might want to taste the hot chocolate to see if you want to add more chocolate. Serve in a nice holiday mug and drink up!
Mayan Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Mix the hot chocolate mix, cinnamon and the cayenne pepper in your favorite holiday mug.
- Pour the mix into a glass-measuring cup.
- Place the measuring cup into the microwave and heat on High until the drink begins to boil up which can take around 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the mug (use mitten gloves to handle the measuring cup). Stir the drink with a small whisk or a spoon. Drink up and enjoy the last few days before the Mayan calendar ends.
Just remember that if you are not old enough to use the stove, have someone who is older to use the kitchen appliances. The white-white hot chocolate and the chocolate bar hot chocolate makes four servings, which makes them the perfect drinks for friends and family.
It also makes the perfect drink to leave for Santa! Happy Holidays!
Recipe ideas: Allrecipes.com