Our team is recruiting volunteers to help with our girl empowerment conferences. Our team hosts a series of Chica Power workshops where girls hear inspirational guest speakers, participate in hands-on workshops, meet role models, build confidence, express themselves creatively and discuss girl power topics. The program will encourage girls to grow strong, healthy and confident as they develop leadership skills, connect with female role models, learn ways to overcome peer pressure, boost their self-esteem, learn about the importance of education and explore career options.
Fall Chica Power workshops:
- Be YOUnique (Self-Esteem Workshop) - September 12 from 1-3pm at Jose Cisneros Library (1300 Hawkins)
- Business Chica (Career Exploration Conference) – September 26 from 10am-3:30pm at Southwest University (1414 Geronimo)
- Day of the Chica (Girl Empowerment Festival) - October 10 from 8am-2pm at Teens in Action (9068 Socorro Road)
- Chicas Aim High (STEM Career Exploration Conference) – November 14 from 10am-2pm at 7000 Edgemere at St. Pauls.
- Tech Chica (Technology Workshop) – December 5 from 1-3pm at Jose Cisneros Library (1300 Hawkins)
Volunteers help with set-up, registration, distributing materials, serving as mentors for girls, guiding small team activities, breaking down and cleaning up. Volunteers are also needed to serve on our planning team. Committee members aid with event planning, marketing, recruiting, coordinating speakers, obtaining in-kind donations and helping plan workshop logistics. For more information, contact us at 915.219.8554 and email@example.com. To rsvp, complete the volunteer form below.