Workshops & Special Events:
- The Girl Power Fest on April 12 from 10-3:30pm at UTEP encourages girls to build confidence, discover their voice, express themselves, promote healthy lifestyles and make wise decisions. Inspiring guest speakers will help girls learn about issues girls face and discover real solutions on how to overcome these challenges. This day of girl empowerment is aimed at local girls 10 to 18 years old and is hosted by Latinitas and the Women in Business Association at UTEP. Get your ticket now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/girl-power-fest-tickets-10520357673
- Saturday Camps: A free workshop is hosted the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Judge Marquez Library (610 N. Yabrough, El Paso TX) from 12:30-2:30pm
- Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. These sessions focus on helping girls build confidence through creative expression with themes such as self-esteem, media awareness, leadership, goal setting, leadership, college prep, healthy relationships, wellness and more
Club Latinitas After-School Program:
- Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held during the school year at various schools, libraries and community centers. Latinitas also teams up with the housing authority of the City of El Paso and local public schools to host clubs on site. Contact us to set up a club at your school: email@example.com
- Teen Media Academy: (July 2014) Teen girls are invited to the Latinitas media production camp. Teens will act like magazine interns, gain hands-on media experience, interview media professionals and take media trips to local stations.
- Multimedia Arts Camp: (July 2014) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper.
GET INVOLVED & MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- VOLUNTEER: Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Become a volunteer.
- DONATE: Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- ATTEND: Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- SUPPORT US: Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
• Discover how to enroll in our girl empowerment programs.
• Find out how you can get involved as a volunteer.
• Attend one of our upcoming events.
• Support us by donating, hosting a benefit or attending a fundraiser.
• Stay posted on the latest news from Latinitas.
Latinitas El Paso
10935 Ben Crenshaw #207
El Paso, TX 79935
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.