- Latinitas is hosting a series of monthly girl empowerment workshops to help girls in grades 4-8th grades to build confidence throughout the school year. Girls will meet on a monthly basis throughout the school year to hear inspirational guest speakers, participate in hands-on workshops, meet role models, build confidence, express themselves creatively and discuss girl power topics. The program will encourage girls to grow strong, healthy and confident as they develop leadership skills, connect with female role models, learn ways to overcome peer pressure, boost their self-esteem, learn about the importance of education and explore career options. Requirements: To successfully complete the program (runs Oct.-Apr.) and receive a diploma of completion, girls must attend at least 5 of the 7 scheduled workshops and complete at least 10 hours of community service.
- Aim High Conference (Nov. 1 from 10am-2pm) 7000 Edgemere Blvd.
- Business Chica Conference (Dec. 6 from 10am-3pm) Southwest University (1414 Geronimo Dr.)
- Healthy Chica (Jan), College Chica (Feb), International Women’s Day (Mar), Girl Power Fest (Apr)
About Us • Discover how to enroll in our girl empowerment programs.
• Find out how you can get involved as a volunteer.
• Attend one of our upcoming events.
• Support us by donating, hosting a benefit or attending a fundraiser.
• Stay posted on the latest news from Latinitas.