Current Events & News
LATINITAS SUMMER CAMPS
Day Camps Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm at 7000 Edgemere
This Summer, local girls have an opportunity to get a taste of what their life could be like as a movie star, a news anchor, a photographer, a radio dj, a magazine writer, a poet, a graphic designer and more in Latinitas multimedia art camps. Girls will produce original multimedia arts projects and master techniques in photography, writing, design, radio production and filmmaking. REGISTER NOW
- Fashionista Camp – July 6-10 REGISTER NOW
- Hollywood Camp – July 13-17
- Multimedia Arts Camp – July 20-24
- Be YOUnique Camp – July 27-31
- Tech Chica Camp – August 3-7
- Multimedia Arts Camp:(July 6- August 7, 2015) Girls in grades 4-8th are invited to find their creative expression outlet in a day of local media makers and field trips to a TV station, radio station and newspaper. Camps are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm at 7000 Edgemere. For more information, call 915.219.8554 or email email@example.com. RESERVE YOUR CAMP SPOT NOW.
- Clubs: Weekly girl empowerment clubs focused on creative multimedia expression held at various public libraries, schools & housing authority sites during the school year.
- Workshops: Latinitas is offering a series of girl empowerment workshops in collaboration with schools, libraries, recreation centers, nonprofits, Girl Scout troops and churches. To request a workshop, contact Latinitas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 915.219.8554.
Get Involved & Make a Difference
- Want to get help empower young Latintas to build confidence? Complete our volunteer application.
- Help young Latinitas reach their educational goals by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Participate in one of our upcoming benefit events.
- Give an item on our wish list and make an impact. School supplies, art supplies, and computer and media equipment are greatly in need.
The Latinitas headquarters was established in El Paso, Texas in 2008. Latinitas Co-Founder, Alicia Rascon, relocated to her hometown of El Paso expanding the shared vision with Co-Founder Laura Donnelly-Gonzalez into West Texas and New Mexico. Since its local launch in 2008, Latinitas has quickly grown to provide after-school clubs, summer camps, internships and special events from its El Paso headquarters in the greater Rio Grande region including West Texas and New Mexico. Since then, Latinitas outreach programs have reached over 3,000 local girls and partnered with over 30 local schools, nonprofits, libraries and community centers in El Paso, Canutillo, San Elizario, Horizon, Texas as well as Las Cruces, Anthony, Sunland Park, Organ, Silver City and Deming, New Mexico. With a variety of enriching experiences, Latina girls discover their voice and develop media skills while building confidence and a solid foundation for their future.